My name is Daniel, and I am passionate about photography.
Here are Nine Things You Might Care to Know About Me:
1. My grilled pizza is extraordinarily delicious.
2. I have completed two Centuries (100 miles in a day) on my road bike, both in the same month.
3. My favorite color is rainbow (but it used to be black!).
4. I am a selectively voracious reader.
5. I would much rather be too hot than too cold (which is good when living in Sacramento... In Seattle, not so much).
6. International travel is now less appealing to me than domestic camping trips with my family.
7. I have an uncanny talent for composing limericks, and am really good at building treehouses.
8. If forced to choose one favorite musician, I couldn't... (Mozart, The Beatles, Daft Punk, The Beastie Boys...?!).
9. Nothing makes me happier or more proud than being a father to my daughters Tallulah & Ambrose.
My focus during an event is to unobtrusively and artistically capture the true emotion and excitement of your special day, with an emphasis on the candid moments of love, humor, spontaneity, and togetherness. My style is organic and relaxed, and I favor natural light and unposed compositions as much as possible, to authentically tell the story of your celebration.
I honed my sense of composition, and my talent for pressing the shutter at just that decisive moment when personality peaks, at a time when each frame of film counted. Over the years I have learned how to help create those moments sensitively and naturally, without intruding upon the event: the delicate art of carefully balancing the spontaneous with the orchestrated.
As a photographer I strive to recognize and respond to the flow of serendipity, always poised to capture the pivotal instant of significance when all the visual and soulful elements of a photo come together. This dynamic consciousness is the guiding principle of my images and of my working philosophy.